I’m a firm believer in investing in yourself and your business so that’s one big reason why I take a lot of courses.
This post contains affiliate links.
I recently completely a course called Email on Autopilot and it was one of the best courses I’ve taken. I know it’s a good course when I come away learning new strategies and feeling like I finally have a handle on things. I finally feel like I know where I’m going with my email list.
I ignored my email newsletter for a long time. To be honest, it intimidated me and I really didn’t know where to start. It wasn’t until last August when I switched to Seva (formerly called ConvertKit) where I decided that it was the time to get serious. I was ready, but didn’t know exactly where to start.
Before I took Email on Autopilot, I was sending out one Broadcast email once a week using the advice I learned from the group, Bloggers Tell All. What I realized after taking Email on Autopilot is that I’ve barely scratched the surface of what I can do with my email list and how to fully utilize Seva to my advantage. My eyes are open now….wide.
Email on Auto Pilot Takeaways
Here’s what I learned from Email on Autopilot and why I found it beneficial for my business.
1. Quick Start Guide. I have printables and ebooks that I use as an email hook to get people to sign up for my various lists. What I didn’t have is a series of emails to send them after they sign up. Email on Autopilot has a whole section of lessons on creating a Quick Start Guide and the best part is that you can use content you’ve already created! I made one for people who sign up for my cleaning printable. They’ll get a series of emails with tips on deep cleaning your home. They help establish you as an expert in your field and create raving fans (hopefully!).
2. Forever Series. This is where you email truly goes on autopilot! After people have completed my Quick Start Guide on deep cleaning, they go into my Forever Series set of emails. I send out one email a week with cleaning tips and it’s all using existing content on my blog. Write it once and set it up. So easy!
3. Specific to Seva. If you’re going to take this course, I recommend you use Seva (formerly ConvertKit). Matt, the instructor, will walk you through setting up your Quick Start Guide, Forever Series and more using this email platform.
4. Growing your list. He covers compliant email pop-ups and how to promote your Quick Start Guide to grow your list. He suggests making a landing page for your Quick Start Guide. I’m going to looking into doing that.
5. Organizing your list. Tags, segments and automations, oh my! It was interesting to see how he organizes his list in Seva. It’s easy to do with all the functionality they offer.
6. Help on writing emails. He talks about how to write great emails with enticing subject lines. I love his formula. He makes it seem so easy.
7. GDPR. Seva makes it easy to comply with GDPR. I enjoyed seeing how he set his GDPR compliance up. I think his way is better than the Seva tutorials.
8. Template for emails. I love how clean my emails look with the template provided with the course. It’s a matter of copying and pasting the code into your settings on Seva.
9. Facebook group for questions. There is a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and get feedback. The instructor is very responsive and helpful.
10. Easy to complete. The videos are short and the tasks are broken down into manageable chunks. This is a course that you’ll find it easy to complete!
Are you ready to put your Email on Autopilot?
Sign up for the course and save $50 with the coupon code CLICKSTARTCLUB. Hurry though, because it expires on August 15th!
Free eCourse on Photography
Getting starting in photography doesn't have to be hard or overwhelming. We created this 10 day FREE eCourse on Photography tips and tricks that will improve your photography and earn you more money with your blog. PLUS get a free workflow checklist.